How to Measure
Use these measuring guidelines in order to get a more accurate estimate. We recommend that one of our representatives take final measurements before ordering any cabinets. Download the measuring grid click here.
- Begin by measuring the room wall-to-wall. (You will be recording all measurements in INCHES. (EX: 110", not 9' 2")
- Make a rough drawing of the shape of the room. Represent each wall, door, window and any protrusions or recessed areas. This plan does NOT need to be 'to scale'. Print out a grid, or do it free hand. Only accuracy counts, not talent!
- Measure each wall section and record on the drawing. (A wall section is from one corner to a door way or window.) Measure each window and door and record. NOTE: windows and doors are measured from outside edge to outside edge of casing or trim.
- Add up all dimensions on each wall and verify that the total is equal to the total wall dimension listed on the chart. (If not, remeasure!)
- Locate the centerline of the sink, by measuring from one corner of the wall. Record this dimension on your rough drawing.
On a separate grid, take horizontal measurements of where the cabinets will be installed. See example below:
A.Measure entire wall from left to right.
B.Measure from ceiling to floor. (Please indicate if you have soffits)
C & D. Measure horizontal wall spaces between doors, windows, wall openings, etc.
E & F. Measure vertical wall spaces above & below windows, above doors.
G.Measure from one corner of the wall to center of sink drain and water lines.